The Pietermaritzburg Chamber of Business (PCB) represents the business community of Pietermaritzburg and Districts. Their Vision is to serve all businesses in the greater Pietermaritzburg area in order to stimulate economic and enterprise development. The Chamber hosts a series of Forums and Training Leadership Consulting will be facilitating the Lean Forum events for 2014.
This month on the 8th April 2014 we are sharing a practical simulation activity to help improve the understanding of Lean through a real-life example.
Lean is a business management philosophy and a set of Operational Excellence tools that are effective in both a Production and Transactional environment.
- A Lean Business produces what is needed, when it is needed with no additional labor, cost or time
- The goal is to eliminate all forms of waste from your operating environment, stabilize your business, develop your people and create a focus on the customer
- Adopting the Lean Operational Excellence strategy will enable visible performance improvement, in terms of Cash, EBITDA and EBIT
- If you focus on producing value for your customer and engaging your people in eliminating waste, sales will go up & profit and cash will increase sustainably
What to expect:
- See how this works in a practical simulation activity
- Learn how to improve process flow and reduce waste from your business
- Improve your own understanding of Lean
Training Leadership Consulting
DATE: 8 April 2014
VENUE: Chamber House, Royal Showgrounds Pietermaritzburg
TO BOOK: Contact Thabisile Ngidi firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Lean Forum dates:
8 July 2014
4 November 2014